MEKISHA BROWN fashionbyafro@hotmail.com

Saturday 11 October 2014

FALL FLORALS

FALL FLORALS



This recent look was kind of styled by default!

As some of you know I work for the Fashion Brand AXParis
and  our  big blogger A/W14 Press Day was coming up.
I was manic busy helping with the prep as well as my acting ( I scored a little cheeky role in Hamlet ;) )
So with all this going on I still had to decide what I was going to wear for our big fashion event.

We got to select from our New AW14 Collection and after rushing around in a panic this blouse caught my eye.



I loved the feather print and the hint of yellow and I knew I could style it up with the black high waisted jeans I also had my eye on.

PANIC MODE!!! I found  out another member of staff (senior to me :S ) ALSO wanted to wear the blouse so minutes before I finished work and  was due  to perform at the Theatre ,I ran around like a  headless chicken trying to find something to wear.


I ended up picking this Floral number. The change kind of threw me at first as I wanted to go for a edgy gothic look.




I felt the feminine floral didn't fit the style image I had created in my mind. 

After trying on my full outfit it was lacking my individual style and edge.

I looked at the floral blouse in the mirror and suddenly my floral vintage braces popped into my head, I knew that they'd work and quirk up this girly look.


I finished off the look with dark smokey eyes ,red lips and my fav lace up black boots .

THE LOOK 




The BLOUSE and HIGH WAISTED TROUSERS are available on the AX Paris website.

Unfortunately I bought my New Look boots YEARS ago but they     have a nice selection of HIGH LEG BOOTS so have a cheeky look !

I've recently discovered that Etsy is a good  place to to buy VINTAGE BRACES  so I suggest you have a gander :).


The Press Day was a great success. The ladies loved our New Collection,I met so many lovely bloggers including the lovely Stephi LaReine had a catch up with Frances Cassandra :D.Loved networking,eating cupcakes,sipping cocktails and had a ball in the photo booth with my AX Girls including my fellow fashionista Aina Akin.









Hope you've had good read :D.

Stay tuned for more...


LOVE

FashionByAFro

xXx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig